- The introduction of legal adoption in 1953 had the effect of drastically reducing the number of children in industrial schools. Why was it delayed for so long?
- What reasons were put forward by the Archbishop of Dublin, Dr. McQuaid, against the introduction of legal adoption.
- Why did the Fianna Fail Government decide against introducing legal adoption in 1944?
- Why did the Fine Gael led Coalition Government decide against introducing legal adoption during its term of office in 1948 - 1951?
Ireland's Child Care Institutions during the 20th. Century. Fo'T: The most vivid and passionate stories - banished babies, cruel orphanages, old abuses of power - have concerned things that went unnoticed, or at least unarticulated, at the time. News has often had to be redefined, not as the latest sensation but as that which everybody knew all along yet could not say.
Monday, September 12, 2005
MY QUESTIONS 3
- ► 2007 (17)
- ► 2006 (40)
- Complaint Mr. Rory Connor REJECTED
- DE LA SALLE D-DAY
- Residence for Christian Brothers Abusers
- ARTANE PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Reynolds: I Know Who Mental Case Brother Is...
- MY QUESTIONS 6
- MY QUESTIONS 5
- MY QUESTIONS 4
- MY QUESTIONS 3
- MY QUESTIONS 2
- MY QUESTIONS 1
- Help For The Genuinely Confused Taxpaying Public
- Being Flogged By A Dead Sheep
- No Eclipse
- The Sun The Moon The Truth
- Three Things
- Standing up to the tyrannical Sisters of Mercy
- Significant Legal Bill
- Vatican radio given legal rights to Pope Benedict'...
- Meanwhile in New Orleans
- ▼ September (21)