- When members of the judiciary ruled that children should be separated from their parents because of 'lack of proper guardianship', what evidence was required before such a ruling could be made?
- Was the word of a parish priest considered sufficient evidence?
- Were such rulings constitutional given the constitutional protection accorded to the family?
- How many children were incarcerated in industrial schools because of 'lack of proper guardianship'?
- The retired district judge, Mary Kotsonouris, has written that a play entitled 'The Evidence I Shall Give' by District Justice Richard Johnson, which was performed in the Abbey Theatre in the sixties, described what went on in the industrial schools. How much was known by members of the judiciary about the industrial schools?
Ireland's Child Care Institutions during the 20th. Century. Fo'T: The most vivid and passionate stories - banished babies, cruel orphanages, old abuses of power - have concerned things that went unnoticed, or at least unarticulated, at the time. News has often had to be redefined, not as the latest sensation but as that which everybody knew all along yet could not say.
Monday, September 12, 2005
MY QUESTIONS 4
- ► 2007 (17)
- ► 2006 (40)
- Complaint Mr. Rory Connor REJECTED
- DE LA SALLE D-DAY
- Residence for Christian Brothers Abusers
- ARTANE PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Reynolds: I Know Who Mental Case Brother Is...
- MY QUESTIONS 6
- MY QUESTIONS 5
- MY QUESTIONS 4
- MY QUESTIONS 3
- MY QUESTIONS 2
- MY QUESTIONS 1
- Help For The Genuinely Confused Taxpaying Public
- Being Flogged By A Dead Sheep
- No Eclipse
- The Sun The Moon The Truth
- Three Things
- Standing up to the tyrannical Sisters of Mercy
- Significant Legal Bill
- Vatican radio given legal rights to Pope Benedict'...
- Meanwhile in New Orleans
- ▼ September (21)